Creating and Importing profiles in Obi
Creating a custom profile in Obi:
In Obi you can save your chosen settings as a profile. This allows you to share the settings with other users of Obi. The profile created by you can be imported in Obi on any computer.
To save the current preferences/settings as a custom profile, do the following:
- Open Obi preferences
- Open Advance tab of Preferences
- In select profile options select Preferences if you want to create preferences profile. If you want to create shortcuts profile select Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Click on the Save As button. The Save As dialog will be displayed.
- Browse for a location where you want to save your custom profile.
- Enter a suitable name for the profile file.
- Click save.
Importing custom profile in Obi:
To import a profile do the following:
- Click on Import button
- Browse for a location where you have saved your custom profile.
- Select the saved profile and press open
- Selected preferences profile is loaded.
Removing custom profile in Obi:
To remove a profile do the following:
- Select the profile from profiles list (combo box) you want to delete.
- Now click remove button.
- A warning message stating “This will delete the selected profile. Do you want to continue?” will come. Press yes to continue.
- Selected profile will be deleted.
Loading profile in Obi:
To load a profile in Obi do the follwoing:
- Select profile from combo box you want to load.
- On the right side of select profile combo box you can find list of check boxes for Project / Audio / Language / Color / Select All. Check the check boxes for the preferences that you wish to load.
- Click on load profile button. This will load selected profile on Obi.
Note: If the check box pertinent to the set of preferences is not checked, they will not be loaded; for example, if the Project check box is not checked, the project preferences will not be loaded.Tags: Obi