DAISY Technologies, Projects and Services
The main activities of the DAISY Consortium are described below. You will find an overview about the project together with release notes and download and installation instructions, where appropriate. Support is available for all our activities and we invite you access our Information and Help area if this is required.
DAISY leads the development of software used around the world in the creation, conversion and validation of accessible publications.
- Ace by DAISY—Accessibility Checker for EPUB
- Obi —audio book production tool for digital talking books
- Pipeline 1—original content conversion process for technical users
- Pipeline 2—latest desktop and web application for automated content conversion
- Tobi—audio book production tool for human narrated titles
- WordToEPUB —rapidly create EPUB publications from structured Microsoft Word documents
DAISY develops and contributes to mainstream and specialist standards to improve accessibility for all readers.
- EPUB—leading mainstream ebook standard
- DAISY—original digital talking book standard
- DODP—DAISY Online Delivery Protocol, for transfer of digital content from service providers to end users
- PDTB —Protected Digital Talking Books
- Consultancy—bespoke services we can offer your organization
- SMART—Simple Manual Accessibility Reporting Tool to ensure your EPUB publications are accessible
- Training—We conduct a range of tailored training services to organizations around the world
DAISY leads and contributes to a range of projects around the world. Current projects include:
- ABC—contributing to the Accessible Books Consortium governance and delivery
- Baseline for Accessible EPUB3—creating industry-wide specifications for defining ebook accessibility requirements and developing the infrastructure to supporting implementations throughout the whole supply chain
- Music Braille—working towards improved global solutions for the production and sharing of music braille resources benefitting blind musicians in education, employment and for leisure
- TIES—Transition to an Inclusive EPUB 3 Ecosystem
- EPUB in Higher Education working group-working together to realize the potential of accessible reading in Higher Education