Instructions for installing Pipeline-lite in Obi
A light version of pipeline named as Pipeline-lite is used by obi for performing operations like:
- Encoding an exported DAISY format book in MP3 format
- Validating DAISY 3 format book
- Validating DAISY 2.02 book
- Renaming exported file set.
Pipeline-lite needs Java Runtime Environment to be installed, which can be downloaded from JRE Download
After installing java runtime environment follow the steps listed below:
- Download Pipeline-lite from Pipeline-lite for Obi 3.5 & later
- Extract the
Pipeline-lite.zipfile in installation directory of Obi. By default, it should be C:\program files\The Urakawa Project\Obi X.X
- This should make a folder named Pipeline-lite in Obi’s installation directory.
- In this Pipeline-lite directory, configure file paths in file named pipeline.user.properties. ( normally it works well without any need for configurations. One may require to reconfigure it in case some problems are encountered).