Pipeline 2 Desktop Application User Guide
- Quick Start
- Commands and Keyboard Shortcuts
- Included Scripts —The Pipeline comes with a considerable number of scripts which are indexed in the Scripts section of Using Pipeline 2
- Start the Pipeline 2 user interface by selecting the DAISY Pipeline 2 icon on your desktop.
- Start your job with File->New job, or by pressing Cmd+N.
- A job window creation will appear and you should select a script from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the form (which is a bit different for each script):
- Select Run or press Cmd+R. The job appears in the sidebar, along with its status.
- When a job is complete, its status will be updated to Done. You may view the results by selecting the completed job in the sidebar and selecting one or more links to files in the Results list. To view the folder containing all the results, point your file browser to the directory you specified for Pipeline output in the new job form.
- If the job does not appear to have started running, check the messages log for errors. Errors may include problems with how you filled out the form, as well as system errors.
Note: While one job is running, you may start another via File->New job.
- New Job—Cmd+N. Create a new job by selecting a script. A script may do something like convert HTML to EPUB3 or add narration to a book. After you select New Job, choose a script and fill out the form. The form will ask for details like the input file, the output directory, and specific options depending on the script you have chosen.
- Run Job—Cmd+R. When you’ve finished filling out the job form (as detailed above), select this to execute the job. The job status will be displayed in the sidebar. If the job does not appear to have started running, check the messages log for errors in the form that you completed.
- Delete Job—deletes the job from the job list. This does not, however,, delete the results on disk.
- Run Job again—Cmd+Shift+R. You may select this for any running or completed job to create a new job initialized with the same form parameters.
- Copy messages to clipboard—places the contents of the messages window onto the clipboard which can be useful for reporting bugs or asking for help.
- Check Updates—launches the Pipeline updater