Voice Dream Reader Overview
Voice Dream Reader is a versatile reading tool for iOS and Android. Featuring Dyslexia friendly font, text and audio synchronization, customizable font size and colour combinations, as well as full VoiceOver support – this app is useful for all, including individuals with different disabilities.
Voice Dream Reader supports many file formats including DAISY 3.0 text-only, DAISY 2.02 audio, DRM-free EPUB, PDF, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, HTML and zipped MP3 files.
Voice Dream Reader works with voices available on the device and offers in-app purchase of voices for more than 20 languages.
This app provides many navigation and reading options including navigation by sentence, paragraph, page, and chapter; adding bookmarks, notes, and highlights, reading speed control, pronunciation dictionary and more.
For a complete list of supported file formats, text-to-speech (TTS) voice options and other features, visit the Voice Dream Reader website.
The following resources will be helpful in learning to use the Voice Dream Reader app.
- The Voice Dream Reader User Manual and FAQ are available online.
- The article A Review of the Voice Dream Reader for iOS: A One-Stop Solution – by Bill Holton (AFB) provides a detailed walkthrough of the app interface and useful tips for VoiceOver users.
- The Hadley Institute iFocus series video on Using Voice Dream is also very detailed and informative.
- Downloading and reading books from Bookshare demo video
- Also see the article Voice Dream Reader – Text to Speech by AppleVis to know more about the usefulness of this app for the visually impaired.
- Tutorial from NNELS – Using the VoiceDream app to read books