Obi 4.7 beta (released on October 25, 2021)
Obi 4.7 beta, the second test release enhances the import structure from CSV functionality by adding the capability of importing metadata from CSV, option to use semicolon instead of comma separator in the CSV file and option to use phrase detection while importing audio. It also enhances collect special phrases dialog by displaying comments of the To-Do phrases, makes exported To-Do timings in CSV file more user friendly and fixes the reported bugs.
The alpha version presented capability of importing audio of the section while importing structure from a CSV file, ability to export To-Do timings as cue markers in WAV files, option to generate speech for pages using human voice from an audio file along with other improvements.
The new features and enhancements of Obi 4.7 beta and alpha are briefed below. We are looking forward to your feedback, comments and bug reports for the test release. You can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlights of Obi 4.7 beta and alpha releases
Import audio of the section and metadata while importing structure from a CSV file
Now you can import audio for the section while creating project using the structure from a CSV file. Obi accepts path of audio files in columns 4 through 9 of the CSV.
You can also import metadata of the project by providing the key-value pairs in the file named metadata.csv and storing it in the same location as the CSV file that contains the structure.
Export To-Do marks as cue markers to WAV file
You can now choose to export To-Do marks from your project to exported WAV files as cue markers for DAISY 3 and DAISY 2.02 standards. The Export dialog has a new checkbox Write To-Do timing as cue mark to enable this functionality. Please note that cue marks can be written only in WAV files.
Option to use semicolon instead of comma in the CSV file being imported
You can instruct Obi to use semicolon instead of comma in the CSV file during the operation creating a project by importing a CSV file. Check the checkbox Use semicolon as separator instead of comma while creating a project by importing a CSV file in the Project tab of the Preferences dialog.
Option to apply phrase detection while creating a project by importing a CSV file
You can choose to apply phrase detection on the audio files being imported while creating a project by importing structure from a CSV file. To activate this, check the check box Apply phrase detection while creating a project by importing a CSV file in the Project tab of the Preferences dialog.
To-Do comments displayed in the Collect Special Phrases dialog
The Collect Special Phrases dialog now also displays To-Do comments when collecting To-Do phrases.
Import audio for Page label while generating speech for pages
You can now import human voice for page labels, while generating speech for page phrases. It is especially useful when audio is being generated for the books in languages other than English. The page numbers, however, will be generated using TTS. The submenu of Generate Speech under the Phrases menu contains commands to execute this functionality.
You can find help on the functionality of these features in the “What’s New?” page of Obi Help, which can be viewed by clicking on the Contents menu item under Help menu of Obi.
List of some major bugs fixed & behaviour changes made in this release:
- In To-Do timing CSV, another column is added which will give To-Do timings in the user-friendly “hh:mm:ss” format.
- The comments on the To-do phrases can now be searched using find functionality.
- When To-do was marked during recording, the To-do cursor position was marked at the beginning of the recording phrase, but it should be at the end of the recording phrase.
- If a To-do empty phrase had a comment, it was unintentionally removed by the recording operation.
- Export to DAISY threw an exception if metadata dtb:revision was empty or it had non integer string.
- Multiple sections operation menu item was disabled when selection was on a phrase.
List of some major bugs fixed & behaviour changes made in alpha release:
- On some computers Audio import could not import file names with accents.
- The dialog box for adding comment to To Do phrase was not visible in very long phrase.
- After reset of Audio preferences, the installed TTS combo box showed the same TTS multiple times.
For complete list of fixed bugs please visit fixed issues page
To download Obi 4.7 beta, please visit download page and scroll to the test releases table.
Go back to home page.