DAISY Format Specifications
Across this site we list and provide supporting material for several versions of the “DAISY Standard” all of which have slightly different technical names.
ANSI / NISO Z39.98-2012 – Authoring and Interchange Framework for Adaptive XML Publishing
Approved in 2012, read the full Z39.98-2012
DAISY 3, 2005 release – ANSI/NISO Z39.86-2005 (R2012) Specifications for the Digital Talking Book
More information is available in the following areas:
DAISY, 2002 release
(Superseded version of the ANSI/NISO Z39.86 Specifications for the Digital Talking Book)
- DAISY, Release 2002 (local copy)
- Information about the version approved in 2002 on the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS) site.
DAISY 2.02 Specification
(Formal Recommendation approved Feb. 28, 2001)
DAISY 2.01 Specification
(Recommendation approved Sep. 21, 1999)
DAISY 2.0 Specification
(Recommendation approved Sep. 22, 1998)
Affiliated Specifications Maintained by the DAISY Consortium
DAISY Online Delivery Protocol (DODP) Specification
- DAISY Online Project Area (Standard area)
MathML in DAISY Modular Extension
Officially, the Specification for the Digital Talking Book Modular Extension for Mathematics.
DAISY Protected Digital Talking Book (PDTB)
(officially, the Specification for DAISY Protected Digital Talking Book) This specification applies to both DAISY 2.02 and DAISY 3.
- PDTB in DAISY Project Area (completed project, in maintenance mode)
DAISY 2.02 Skippable Structures Recommendation
Approved June 6, 2003
- DAISY 2.02 Skippable Structures (completed project)