Vision, Mission, Key Activities and Community
People have equal access to information and knowledge regardless of disability; a right confirmed by the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
To develop global solutions for accessible publishing and reading, in partnership with civil society, publishing and technology industries, standards bodies and governments.
To achieve our mission, vision, and goals we will:
- Help creators, distributors & service providers of access-enhanced publications be more effective
- Help DAISY Consortium member organizations to work together to deliver inclusion
- Help authors and mainstream publishers build inclusion into their publishing processes
- Help publishing, reading technology and content authoring tool industries to enable a great reading experience for people reading with their eyes, ears or fingers
- Influence legal, copyright and standards bodies to make an efficient global marketplace that includes developing countries
- Help governments, civil society and disabled peoples’ organizations to achieve their inclusion aims
- Help people with disabilities benefit from the improvements
The DAISY Consortium is the hub of a global community of organizations which works together to share expertise and collaborate to bring about the accessibility of published materials. The Member Spotlight section of this report highlights the accomplishments of a few of our members from around the world.
Caption: World map showing countries where there are DAISY Members marked in dark blue, and other countries where DAISY was active in 2022 marked in light blue.
Next: 2022: Year in Review
2022 Annual Report Index: