Tobi—Download and Installation
The current version of Tobi is v126.96.36.199
Recommended: Tobi 188.8.131.52 NET4 MSI installer download (18 MB), or the Tobi 184.108.40.206 NET4 offline redistributable ZIP (18 MB) of application files.
Alternative: Tobi 220.127.116.11 NET3 MSI installer download (18 MB), or the Tobi 18.104.22.168 NET3 offline redistributable ZIP (18 MB) of application files.
Note: these packages are usually already installed on Windows 7 and above. Manual one-off installation may be needed when using the ZIP distribution or the MSI installer, especially on Windows Vista and XP.
- .NET Framework:
- DirectX 9: Microsoft runtime installer
- Windows XP SP3 is the minimum requirement. Windows 10 or Windows 7 is recommended for best performance. Tobi natively supports 32 and 64 bits runtimes.
- Minimal hardware specification: 1.8GHz single core / 1.5 GHz dual core processor, 2 GB RAM, 1024×768 display, dedicated graphics card.
- Java runtime, v7, is needed for EPUBCheck and ZedVal validators (v8 is not compatible with ZedVal), v7 for the DAISY Pipeline2 v1.7, v8 for the latest DAISY Pipeline2 version).
Note: Java must be configured in Windows’ PATH environment variable, which is automatically set when installing the Oracle JDK (conversely, the JRE requires manually setting the PATH, and a reboot). Open the Windows command prompt and type java -version and click return/enter to see if Java is configured correctly on your machine.
- DAISY Pipeline 2:
Tobi uses Pipeline 2 to convert DAISY content (DTBOOK, DAISY 3, DAISY 2.02) to EPUB 3. Please download and execute the Pipeline 2 installer, and Tobi should subsequently be able to discover the path leading to the Pipeline runtime (command line executable):
- DAISY Pipeline 2 (v1.7) (“pipeline2-1.7-webui-desktop.exe” 80MB)
- MathML support:
- .NET Framework 4.5
(upgrade for Windows Vista SP2 and Windows 7, already installed on Windows 8, not available for Windows XP):