Detail on New Features and Enhancements of Tobi 18.104.22.168
- DAISY3 export—by default, audio files are created for every DTBook levels and sections. A new export option is now available so that users can choose how to divide the generated audio stream.
- DAISY3 / EPUB3 import—by default, project filenames (XUK folder) are created with a label snippet (e.g. title, section heading). This can be problematic in some languages / scripts, due to Unicode characters. There is now an application preference to disable this feature. Additional minor updates in the import dialog (“preserve audio format” choice).
- Localization—updated French (in addition to default English) to include the strings introduced in this software update.
- Usage statistics—prior to Tobi version 2.6.3, the anonymous usage feedback was collected (each time the application starts) on an opt-out basis, and users could deactivate the feature in the application preferences. Users could optionally provide an additional line of information. Since Tobi version 2.6.3, the whole process is opt-in: users have to explicitly consent to send feedback, anonymous or not. The user is prompted the first time the application starts, but can change their mind any time, by switching the settings on or off in the application preferences.
- External tools—no change in ZedVal and Pipeline integration, but tests were run in order to verify that older versions of Java continue to work with these tools.
Some of the Major Bugs that have been Fixed and Behaviour Changes made in the 22.214.171.124 release:
- Preferences dialog—fixed keyboard navigation and focus highlight/outline issues in list items.
- Development experience—fixed the “exit” command (menu item) enable/disable state (differences between .NET3 and .NET4 depending on Visual Studio attached debugger). Also added logging information about settings, and active languages.
Detail on New Features and Enhancements of Tobi 126.96.36.199
- Tape-like Recording—Tobi replicates tape-like recording behaviour for narrators. For more information, see the topic Tape-Like Recording.
- Skipping Elements—The ability to skip elements while checking for missing audio during validation has now been introduced.You can instruct Tobi to skip some elements such as pages while checking for missing audio during pre-export validation of the project. The application preferences
have been introduced to enable this functionality. For more information, see the topic Pre-export Validation.
- Audio zoom with Mouse Wheel Scroll—You can now use Ctrl+mouse wheel scroll for zooming in or out the waveforms. Keyboard users are provided equivalent shortcuts to achieve similar results.
- Auto-save for a Project File—Tobi can now save a project file automatically each time a command modifies its contents. For more information see the topic Saving and Closing the Project.
- Cursor Positioning—Tobi now includes a preference that keeps the audio cursor at the end of the waveform after playback instead of moving it to the beginning. To know more see the topic Playback.
- Auto-playback Loop—a new option which is turned off by default, in order to disable automatic playback / cursor positioning at the beginning of audio, once playback reaches the end of the waveform.
Some of the Major Bugs that have been Fixed and Behaviour Changes made in the 188.8.131.52 release:
- User Interface. Fixed UI redraw freeze was an issue caused by a bug in Microsoft’s WPF UI library, so Tobi stopped using a particular performance-enhancing layout feature in order to work around the bug. Its removal does not impact the overall performance significantly.
- UI and Document Renderer. The user interface zoom commands and document font size control issue has now been fixed. The CTRL plus/minus keyboard shortcuts allocated by default to the user interface magnification commands were not correctly interacting with the font size controls in the document renderer, when keyboard focus was placed on the document.
- Audio Keyboard Shortcut. The CTRL 0-9 shortcuts are reserved for waveform zooming, so the command to reset the playback rate is now SHIFT CTRL DOWN