Free Webinar Series on Accessible Publishing and Reading
The DAISY Consortium along with leaders in the accessible publishing and reading ecosystem will be presenting on a diverse range of topics. You are invited to participate in the live webinar, or afterwards review the recording at your convenience. The system we use (Zoom) is accessible, and both the live sessions and the recordings will have captions available.
We announce a new webinars on a regular basis but some of our webinars fill up very fast. Sign up to our webinar email list to be the first to know.
The presentation topics change each week. If you see a topic you are interested in and able to attend, then register for that webinar to receive your personalised link to join. For those unable to attend the live event, all webinars are recorded and published for free a few days after the event.
We will be taking a short break in August, but we already have some exciting webinars ready for our return in September. We’re still keen to hear your questions, suggestions or proposals for a webinars, please do contact us.
- July 29, 2020 “WordToEPUB Extended Tutorial – Accessible EPUB in Seconds”
- July 22, 2020 “The Art and Science of Describing Images”
- July 15, 2020 “Scaling Inclusion in the Transition to Remote Teaching”
- July 8, 2020 “The Accessible EPUB Ecosystem in Action – Following the Journey from Publisher to Student”
- July 1, 2020 “World Tour of Inclusive Publishing Initiatives”
- June 24, 2020 “Metadata in Publishing – the Hidden Information Essential for Accessibility”
- June 17, 2020 “Describing Images in Publications – Guidance, Best Practices and the Promise of Technology”
- June 10, 2020 “European Accessibility Act: Considerations for the Publishing Industry and Benefits to Consumers Globally”
- June 3, 2020 “Publishing, Accessibility, W3C Standards. Where Are We Going?”
- May 27, 2020 “Accessibility at Apple”
- May 20, 2020 “Leveraging InDesign for Accessible EPUB Creation”
- May 13, 2020 “Easy access to books and articles through a smart speaker”
- May 6, 2020 “Publishing, Accessibility, W3C Standards – where are we and how did we get here?”
- April 29, 2020 “Telling The Story: Better Accessibility Statements with ASPIRE”
- April 22, 2020 “Making Math Accessible, One Step at a Time”
- April 15, 2020 “Create EPUB publications from Word with a simple tool anyone can use”
- April 8, 2020 “Publishers Faceoff to Prove the Accessibility of their Titles”
- April 1, 2020 “Helping Higher Ed Students with Access to Accessible Course Material During the COVID-19 Crisis”