Free Webinar Series on Accessible Publishing and Reading
The DAISY Consortium along with leaders in the accessible publishing and reading ecosystem will be presenting on a diverse range of topics each week. You are invited to participate in the live webinar, or afterwards review the recording at your convenience. The system we use (Zoom) is accessible, and both the live sessions and the recordings will have captions available. More weekly sessions to be announced soon!
We announce a new webinar every week but some of our webinars fill up very fast. Sign up to our webinar email list to be the first to know.
The presentation topics change each week. If you see a topic you are interested in and able to attend, then register for that webinar to receive your personalised link to join. For those unable to attend the live event, all webinars are recorded and published for free a few days after the event.
- June 3, 2020 will be “The Future of Accessible Publishing and Standards – Where are we Going?“
- June 10, 2020 will be “European Accessibility Act: Considerations for the Publishing Industry and Benefits to Consumers Globally”
- June 17, 2020 will be “Describing Images in Publications – Guidance, Best Practices and the Promise of Technology”
- June 24, 2020 will be “Metadata in publishing – the hidden information essential for accessibility”
- July 1, 2020 will be “World Tour of Inclusive Publishing Initiatives”
We will be keeping this webinar series running throughout 2020 as the ideal way for people up to date on developments in accessible publishing and reading. If you have a question, suggestion, or a proposal for a webinar please do contact us.
- May 27, 2020 “Accessibility at Apple”
- May 20, 2020 “Leveraging InDesign for Accessible EPUB Creation”
- May 13, 2020 “Easy access to books and articles through a smart speaker”
- May 6, 2020 “Publishing, accessibility, W3C standards – where are we and how did we get here?”
- April 29, 2020 “Telling The Story: Better Accessibility Statements with ASPIRE”
- April 22, 2020 “Making Math Accessible, One Step at a Time”
- April 15, 2020 “Create EPUB publications from Word with a simple tool anyone can use”
- April 8, 2020 “Publishers Faceoff to Prove the Accessibility of their titles”
- April 1, 2020 “Helping Higher Ed Students with access to accessible course material during the COVID-19 crisis”