A light version of the Daisy pipeline named as Pipeline-lite is used by Obi for performing operations such as:
- Encoding an exported DAISY book in MP3 format
- Validating a DAISY 3 book
- Validating a DAISY 2.02 book
- Renaming an exported file set
Pipeline-lite needs Java Runtime Environment to be installed, which can be downloaded from http://www.java.com.
After installing Java Runtime Environment follow the steps listed below:
- Download Pipeline-lite from Pipeline-lite for Obi 3.5
- Extract the Pipeline-lite.zip file in the installation directory of Obi. By default, it should be C:\program files\The Urakawa Project\Obi x.x\
- This should create a folder named Pipeline-lite in Obi’s installation directory.
- In this Pipeline-lite directory, configure file paths in the file named pipeline.user.properties—normally it works well without any need for configurations but you may need to reconfigure it if problems are encountered.