Installing Obi from an Offline Installer
Before starting installation, make sure that you have administrator privileges. The offline installer of Obi enables you to install Obi as well as all its dependencies without connecting to the internet. NOTE: Pipeline-lite will be installed automatically on your system during the installation of Obi.
- 1.5 Giga Hertz processor
- 2 GB RAM on Win Vista / 4 GB RAM on Win 7 & above
- Sufficient hard disk for storing wave files
- 2.0 Giga Hertz dual core processor
- 8 GB RAM
- Sufficient hard disk for storing wav files
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11
- .NET Framework 4.0 (if you do not have this on your system the Obi installer will download and install it as part of the Obi installation process.)
- DirectX Runtime, version 9c (managed)
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.0 or above
To install Obi on your system:
- Download the self extracting zipped setup file from download page and extract it to a folder.
- Double click on the file named psetup.exe and the setup wizard will start the Windows Component Installer.
- Click on the Next button, and the installer will take a few minutes to upgrade your operating system.
- After upgrading, the Windows Component Installer will confirm the status of installation. Click on the Finish button, and setup will open the Java setup. If your system does not have Java Runtime Environment installed on your system, install it using this wizard. The Java setup will show the license agreement. Click on theAccept button to agree to the terms and conditions, and the Java setup will start installing JRE. After completion, the Java setup will show the status of the installation. Click on the Finish button to move further.
- Now, the setup wizard opens the welcome page.
- Click the Next button or press Alt+N to move ahead. The wizard will now show the license agreement.
- Read the license agreement and select the I Agree radio button, if you agree to the terms and conditions listed in the agreement.
- Once you have made the selection, click on the Next button or press Alt+N to continue. The setup wizard will move ahead.
- The wizard will now show the directory where it will store all the files pertaining to the program. By default, it should be C:\program files\the urakawa project\Obi x.x\. To select a different location, click the Browse button next to it or press Alt+R.
- If you want the program to be visible to everyone, select the Everyone radio button. Otherwise leave it with the default value Just Me.
- Click on the Next button or press Alt+N. A dialog box appears asking you to confirm that installation can begin on your system.
- Click on the Next button or press Alt+N to continue installing. The wizard will show a progress bar with a Cancel button, in case you want to cancel the setup.
- After installing, a dialog box will appear, giving the status of installation as shown in the figure below.
- Click on the Close Button to close the setup wizard or press Enter.