Installing Obi from the Internet Based Installer
Before starting installation, make sure that you have administrator privileges. You must also be connected to the Internet for installing additional tools to make Obi fully functional. NOTE: Pipeline-lite will be installed automatically on your system during the installation of Obi.
- 1.5 Giga Hertz processor
- 2 GB RAM on Win Vista / 3 GB RAM on Win 7 & above
- Sufficient hard disk for storing wave files
- 2.0 Giga Hertz dual core processor
- 4 GB RAM
- Sufficient hard disk for storing wav files
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- .NET Framework 4.0 (if you do not have this on your system the Obi installer will download and install it as part of the Obi installation process.)
- DirectX Runtime, version 9c (managed)
- 32 bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.0 or above
To install Obi on your system:
- Download zipped setup file from the download page and unzip it to a folder.
- Double click on the file named setup.exe and the setup wizard will open the Welcome page
- If you do not have .NET framework 4.0 on your system, the installer will download and install it before continuing the setup.
- Click the Next button or press Alt+N. The wizard will now show the license agreement as shown below.
- Read the license agreement and select the I Agree radio button, if you agree to the terms and conditions listed in the agreement. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, the wizard will not continue with the installation.
- Once you have made the selection, click on the Next button or press Alt + N to continue. The setup wizard will move ahead.
- The wizard shows the directory where it will store all the files pertaining to the program. By default, it should be C:\program files\the urakawa project\Obi XX. To select a different location, click the Browse button button next to it or press Alt+R.
- If you want the program to be visible to everyone, select the Everyone radio button. Otherwise leave it with the default value Just Me.
- Click on the Next button or press Alt+N. A dialog box appears asking you to confirm that installation can begin on your system.
- Click on the Next button or press Alt+N to continue installing. The wizard will show a progress bar with a Cancel button, in case you wish to cancel the setup. After installing Obi, the wizard will ask for your consent to install JRE (Java Runtime Environment) on your system.
- Next, the wizard will check the version of DirectX on your computer. If it is earlier than 9C, it will ask for your consent to download DirectX 9C (managed). This should be installed before finishing.
- Click on the Close Button to close the setup wizard or press Enter.